Ron said he couldn’t figure out where to eat (because it takes too much brain power) and that for a town where eating out is the major entertainment, there sure weren’t many restaurants.
So we started making a list.
We made a list and checked it twice.
Then we drove around town.
Then I went to TripAdvisor and Yelp.
We now have 190 restaurants in Abilene. If there are multiple restaurants, we only counted it once. So Burger King, Grandy’s, and Chili’s are each only one time.
I definitely cannot eat at 14 of them.
There are many we have not yet eaten at. A total of 56 restaurants that we haven’t eaten at.
2 donut places
1 coffee house
19 Mexican food restaurants (where I usually am limited to the beans and the chips, but sometimes not even the beans or the chips)
• Abilene Donuts Ambler
• Alfonso Hernandez at S 7th and Butternut (I have, but Ron hasn’t.)
• Alfredo’s (next to church)
• Armando’s Mexican
• Beltway Coffee
• Bill’s Burgers S 11th and Oak
• BK Donuts Texas and S 14th
• BlueBonnet Cafe N 1st
• Burgers and Fries 4458 Buff Gap
• Casa Herrera near the mall (I have, but Ron hasn’t.)
• Catfish Corner
• China Star
• Chinese Express on Judge Ely
• CK Seafood
• Daniela’s Breakfast and Lunch on Butternut
• Dante’s Pizza on Buffalo Gap
• Don Luis
• El Pulgarito S 7th
• Firehouse Subs
• Great American Grill in Hilton Garden Inn
• Harvest Moon (I have eaten there years ago. We were going to go for lunch today, but it is closed on Saturdays.)
• Hashi Teppan Japanese on Rebecca
• Ichi Ban
• Keyhole Cafe and Bakery 1665 Antilley
• La Familia N 8th and Grape
• La Farolita
• La Mexicana on Mockingbird
• La Popular (Ron has. I haven’t.)
• Larry’s Burgers (We’ve both eaten there decades ago.)
• Leonardo’s Mex 5695 S 1st
• Little Italy next to Tokyo Fusion
• Little Italy on Ambler and Treadaway
• Loas Arcos on Old Anson and Ambler
• Mary’s Mexican
• Mi Ranchito Ambler
• Mister Burger on Buffalo Gap (We both have eaten there years ago.)
• Monterrey N 10th and Willis
• Nathan’s Hot Dogs in Kmart
• Papa Murphy’s Pizza on Barrow
• Remington’s Restaurant and Bar on Ridgemont (in a hotel? says good lunch buffet)
• Rice Bowl 1525 Pine (go for lunch)
• Rocky’s Bbq Tread and Ambler, north of Ambler
• Roja’s 3413 Ambler
• Skeet’s Tx Grill 4325 Buff Gap
• Sweetwater Bbq
• Taco Casa (Ron has. I haven’t.)
• Tamolly’s Restaurant
• Taqueria on Ambler
• The Loft (Ron has. I haven’t.)
• The Mill
• The Sunrise
• Toby’s Westside Pizzeria S 7th and Leggett
JoJos Bbq (Potosi) FM 1750