about me. I got this list from BevG, one of my five best friends in the world. (Too bad none of them live near me.)
I’ve italicized the ones I’ve done.
01. Bought everyone in the bar a drink
02. Swam with wild dolphins
03. Climbed a mountain- in Switzerland, in Germany, and in Tennessee
04. Taken a Ferrari for a test drive
05. Been inside the Great Pyramid
06. Held a tarantula
07. Taken a candlelit bath with someone
08. Said “I love you” and meant it
09. Hugged a tree
10. Bungee jumped
11. Visited Paris
12. Watched a lightning storm at sea
13. Stayed up all night long and saw the sun rise
14. Seen the Northern Lights– I want to do this. I’ve been to Alaska twice, but I haven’t seen the lights.
15. Gone to a huge sports game –The UT v. A&M game ought to count.
16. Walked the stairs to the top of the leaning Tower of Pisa
17. Grown and eaten your own vegetables– growing up and in NC when I knew BevG
18. Touched an iceberg– Hiked up a glacier/mountain in Switzerland. The ice was pink. Walked on a blue one in Alaska.
19. Slept under the stars
20. Changed a baby’s diaper– lots of different babies diapers
21. Taken a trip in a hot air balloon– for graduation from my master’s program, in Colorado
22. Watched a meteor shower– in college, at Fort Phantom Lake, with my friends
23. Gotten drunk on champagne
24. Given more than you can afford to charity– The best time I remember was at Christmas with R.
25. Looked up at the night sky through a telescope
26. Had an uncontrollable giggling fit at the worst possible moment
27. Had a food fight
28. Bet on a winning horse
29. Asked out a stranger
30. Had a snowball fight
31. Screamed as loudly as you possibly can
32. Held a lamb
33. Seen a total eclipse – in grade school using box with a hole– Hey, Bev. We were looking at the same one!
34. Ridden a roller coaster- I don’t do them anymore but I used to love them. My Oma White rode one with her husband, years ago, before they had bars. She didn’t want to go… She passed out and her husband had to hang on to her and the car for them to be alive. He managed. That’s not why I don’t ride them. They make me uncomfortable.
35. Hit a home run
36. Danced like a fool and not cared who was looking– At my hubby’s 20th reunion.
37. Adopted an accent for an entire day- I did a Cockney accent while working at the Renaissance Festival, for an entire ten weeks.
38. Actually felt happy about your life, even for just a moment
39. Had two hard drives for your computer
40. Visited all 50 states Not yet, but R and I want to do all 50 states.
41. Taken care of someone who was drunk
42. Had amazing friends
43. Danced with a stranger in a foreign country
44. Watched wild whales– I was on a ship. Saw lots of them. I don’t remember where, though.
45. Stolen a sign –If you count a paper sign on a college bulletin board.
46. Backpacked in Europe – in the Juras when I was in Switzerland working
47. Taken a road-trip– Love those. R and I used to take a lot of them.
48. Gone rock climbing –in Switzerland. I was a lot more adventurous then.
49. Midnight walk on the beach
50. Gone sky diving I haven’t done this, but I dated a guy in the Air Force who was always saying he would take me. I was really looking forward to it, but it never worked out.
51. Visited Ireland
52. Been heartbroken longer than you were actually in love
53. In a restaurant, sat at a stranger’s table and had a meal with them
54. Visited Japan
55. Milked a cow
56. Alphabetized your CDs
57. Pretended to be a superhero– An alien princess counts, right? And an alien princess robot?
58. Sung karaoke
59. Lounged around in bed all day
60. Played touch football
61. Gone scuba diving I want to do this. Maybe this Christmas.
62. Kissed in the rain
63. Played in the mud
64. Played in the rain– My favorite time was with the boys.
65. Gone to a drive-in theater
66. Visited the Great Wall of China
67. Started a business
68. Fallen in love and not had your heart broken
69. Toured ancient sites –in Thailand
70. Taken a martial arts class
71. Played D&D for more than 6 hours straight
72. Gotten married
73. Been in a movie
74. Crashed a party
75. Gotten divorced
76. Gone without food for 5 days
77. Made cookies from scratch
78. Won first prize in a costume contest
79. Ridden a gondola in Venice
80. Gotten a tattoo
81. Rafted the Snake River
82. Been on television news programs as an “expert”
83. Got flowers for no reason
84. Performed on stage
85. Been to Las Vegas
86. Recorded music
87. Eaten shark -in Thailand
88. Kissed on the first date
89. Gone to Thailand
90. Bought a house
91. Been in a combat zone
92. Buried one/both of your parents
93. Been on a cruise ship– to Alaska and this Christmas, to Mexico and Belize
94. Spoken more than one language fluently– many years ago, Spanish
95. Performed in Rocky Horror
96. Raised children – still raising!
97. Followed your favorite band/singer on tour
99. Taken an exotic bicycle tour in a foreign country
100. Picked up and moved to another city to just start over
101. Walked the Golden Gate Bridge
102. Sang loudly in the car, and didn’t stop when you knew someone was looking
103. Had plastic surgery
104. Survived an accident that you shouldn’t have survived
105. Wrote articles for a large publication
106. Lost over 100 pounds
107. Held someone while they were having a flashback
108. Piloted an airplane
109. Touched a stingray
110. Broken someone’s heart
111. Helped an animal give birth
112. Won money on a T.V. game show
113. Broken a bone
114. Gone on an African photo safari
115. Had a facial part pierced other than your ears
116. Fired a rifle, shotgun, or pistol
117. Eaten mushrooms that were gathered in the wild
118. Ridden a horse
119. Had major surgery
120. Had a snake as a pet
121. Hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
122. Slept for more than 30 hours over the course of 48 hours
123. Visited more foreign countries than U.S. states
124. Visited all 7 continents
125. Taken a canoe trip that lasted more than 2 days
126. Eaten kangaroo meat
127. Eaten sushi –
128. Had your picture in the newspaper
129. Changed someone’s mind about something you care deeply about
130. Gone back to school
132. Touched a cockroach
133. Eaten fried green tomatoes
134. Read The Iliad– at least part of it
135. Selected one “important” author who you missed in school, and read -I did all the children’s books, since I missed those the first time around.
136. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
137. Skipped all your school reunions
138. Communicated with someone without sharing a common spoken language
139. Been elected to public office
140. Written your own computer language
141. Thought to yourself that you’re living your dream
142. Had to put someone you love into hospice care
143. Built your own PC from parts
144. Sold your own artwork to someone who didn’t know you
145. Had a booth at a street fair
146. Dyed your hair – red, black, blonde, pink
147. Been a DJ
148. Shaved your head
149. Caused a car accident
150. Saved someone’s life